Monday, December 17, 2007

Transmission-X: Papercut - "Trinity" Part 2


My new Papercut webcomic for Transmission-x is now complete and online. It's the 2nd part of "Trinity", a historical comic story about the creation and testing of the first atomic bomb. This one ended up a bit longer than I originally planned -- it was set to be about 7 pages, but ended up coming in at 9. Usually, I like to keep my Transmission-x stories self contained and about 4-6 pages in length, but there was so much interesting information I found out during research that the story ended up being a 2 parter and running at 14 pages total. Still, it was definitely fun to write and draw, and I enjoyed the opportunity to visit a subject that I've been obsessed with since I was a teenager. You can see 2 pages of it above, minus the captions and balloons -- to read it, you'll just have to visit the site and check it out for yourself.

And, of course, since this is my sketchblog, I thought I'd share some of the process I went about in creating the comic. So you can check out the complete thumbnail artwork I did for the story below.